Specifically, the organization:
- Establishes guidelines of professional conduct and standards of practice.
- Provides a regularly scheduled forum for its members to share information and experience.
- Represents LACRA's viewpoint on issues affecting the real estate industry to government, community and other organizations.
- Disseminates information through the publication of appropriate materials and articles; conducts seminars and educational programs.
- Demonstrates a responsibility to the community at large through volunteer and charitable work.
Every LACRA member must enjoy an excellent reputation, demonstrate significant expertise and competence in the commercial real estate business, and be actively engaged in real estate leasing, development, marketing or sales. Potential members must be nominated by existing Executive Members.